Our community Lawyer, Emma Cvitak, talked to Stampsy and Josh on K-Rock about Centrelink, and answered these common questions arising out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– I’ve lost my job because of COVID-19, what Centrelink payments am I eligible for?
– Does my partner’s income and assets matter?
– So you’ve figured out which payment you’re eligible for, now what?
– If I am already on Centrelink, will I automatically get the COVID-19 coronavirus supplement and economic support payment paid in March and in July? How much and who is eligible?
– If I am receiving a Centrelink Payment do I still have to fulfil mutual obligations during this time?
– What if I have a Centrelink debt? Do I have to continue paying this off during this time?