Useful Links

Barwon Community Legal Service is one of several legal and advocacy services that provide free legal advice and advocacy to people living in the Barwon South West region. We hope that the following useful links to other services will assist you.

Victoria Legal Aid (Geelong)
Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) provides advice and assistance in relation to criminal law, family breakdown, family violence and civil law matters.

2, 199 Moorabool St, Geelong VIC 3220
T (03) 5226 5666

Victoria Legal Aid (Warrnambool)
Victoria Legal Aid (VLA) provides advice and assistance in relation to criminal law, family breakdown, family violence and civil law matters.

185 Fairy Street, Warrnambool VIC 3280
T 1800 651 022

Seniors Rights Victoria
Seniors Rights Victoria is a Melbourne-based specialist community legal centre that provides legal advice and advocacy for older people, friends, family members and service providers concerned about elder abuse or the exploitation of older people.

Level 4, 98 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne
T 1300 368 821
10am-5pm, Monday to Friday.

Consumer Affairs Victoria
Consumer Affairs Victoria provides advice and assistance to consumers and traders in relation to renting and accommodation, estate agents, building, shopping, credit and trading in Victoria.

1300 558 181 (Consumer Affairs Helpline)
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm

A website for Victorians looking for answers to legal questions, needing to find free or low-cost legal help, or wanting to learn about the legal system: “a good place to start to solve your legal problems and find free or low-cost legal advice in Victoria.” Produced by the Victoria Law Foundation.

Regional Information & Advocacy Council
An association of self-help groups, individuals with disabilities, carers and family members of people with disabilities. RIAC provides individual advocacy and support for people with a disabilty, their family and carers.

Office: 21 Regent St, Belmont, Vic 3216
Phone: 03 5245 7986

Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council
The Victorian Mental Illness Awareness Council provides advocacy, support and information for people experiencing mental health issues.

Building 1, 22 Aintree Street, East Brunswick
T (03) 9380 3900

Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service
The Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service assists Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Its solicitors are specialised in criminal law, family law or civil law. VALS also employs Indigenous Client Service Officers (CSOs), some of whom are based in regional centres. CSOs can help if you are arrested or in prison.

24 Hour Service: (03) 9419 3888 or Toll Free 1800 064 865
Head Office
6 Alexandra Pde, Fitzroy

Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria
The Aboriginal Family Violence and Prevention Legal Service helps victims of family violence and sexual assault and works with families and communities affected by violence.

Level 3, 70-80 Wellington St, Collingwood
T (03) 9244 3333 or 1800 105 303 (country callers)

Geelong Magistrates’ Court
Geelong  Magistrates’ Court hears applications for Family Violence Intervention Orders. Barwon Community Legal Service delivers a Family Violence Duty Lawyer service at the court.

Railway Terrace, Geelong
Victoria, 3220

03 5225 3333

Centre Against Sexual Assault
The Centre Against Sexual Assault responds to the needs of recent and past survivors of sexual assault. It also advocates for change in the social, economic, medical, political and legal systems.
(03) 5222 4318

Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria
The Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria provides free and confidential dispute resolution and mediation services.
(03) 5215 8591

5.30 Little Malop St, Geelong VIC 3220

National Welfare Rights Network
The peak community organisation in the area of social security law, policy and administration.
T (02) 9211 5389

Refugee Legal
Refugee Legal is a community legal centre specialising in all aspects of refugee and immigration law, policy and practice.
Advice and Casework Services
T (03) 9413 0100

Tenants Union of Victoria
The Tenants Union of Victoria is a community legal centre specialising in residential tenancy law. They provide legal advice and publications for tenants and undertake research to deliver social change.
T (03) 9416 2577