What we can help with

We can provide free  legal advice, information and referral in the following areas:

General Law

  • Debt and Credit matters
  • Guardianship
  • Traffic Offences
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents
  • Neighborhood Disputes
  • Wills
  • Powers of Attorney
  • Discrimination

Centrelink Matters

  • Pension and benefit rejections and cancellations
  • Centrelink debts
  • Disputes and appeals to Centrelink

Child Support

  • Paternity matters
  • Birth certificates
  • Debts and Arrears
  • Changing your assessment
  • Income estimates
  • Court based maintenance issues
  • Disputes and appeals to the Child Support Agency

Family Violence

  • Getting support
  • Intervention Orders
  • Duty solicitor assistance at Geelong and Colac Courts
  • Victims compensation

Family Law (advice only)

  • Separation and divorce
  • Property settlement
  • Children’s arrangements

Criminal Law (advice only)

  • Assault
  • Drink driving
  • Fines

Immigration Law (Seeking Refuge Project)

  • Apply for Freedom of Information documents and records
  • Seek extension of time for Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) and Safe Haven Enterprise Visas (SHEV) application lodgement
  • Complete TPV and SHEV applications



For more information about the service please download our Service Brochure

Do you have a legal problem?

What we can’t help with

BCLS is unable to give advice on some areas of law. We can recommend other services that are able to give assistance with these areas of law which can be found in links section.

  • Bankruptcy Law
  • Commercial Law
  • Employment Law
  • Property Law